Girlfriend, go to Starbucks, grab a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and take a deep breath-- everything will be alright. I promise.
This is the most important lesson that I have learned thus far. Although my favorite Starbucks drink is most definitely a Strawberry Refresher, there is nothing in the world like a taking a deep breath in a place that smells like coffee.
You may call it Starbucks, but I call it "self-care"... Am I right???
In this post, I will give you 10 practical ways of self-care.
1. Grab your favorite Starbucks drink and bring your journal with you
2. Take a hot minute to walk through the leaves
3. Listen to your favorite jams for at least 10 minutes per day
4. Make a list of the things you are thankful for
5. Re-read your favorite book
6. Treat yo' self to a healthy home-cooked meal
7. Schedule time in your day for "rest"
8. Mess-be-gone: Declutter your living space
9. Wake up a half-hour earlier to pray about your day (I do this... even as a teacher)
10. Buy yourself a beautiful bouquet of flowers
I have learned that I am worth the deep breath, the Starbucks drink, the journaling time, the nature walks, the jam sessions, the thankful-for lists, the book reading, the home-cooked meal, the rest time, the decluttering, the early wake-up time, and most definitely the beautiful bouquet of flowers. And I know you are, too.
We are worth much, much more than that, too.
Take care of yo' self, girl! His goodness is amplified when you do.